- Minimal heat input and low affection base material.
- Minimal distortion.
- Absence of corrosion in the processed area.
- Minimal damage to the original internal structure of the material.
- Very high density of the cladding layer, minimal porosity.
- High precision of layers and stable metal structures are obtained.
- Local Melting of small areas of the part.
- Low dilution of the filling material with the substrate.
Fields of application
- Repairs of parts with high added value (errors in manufacturing ratios, superficial cracks, damages during the service, prototype, modifications, etc.).
- Increase of the service life of parts by means of cladding with high-performance materials (resistant to wear, corrosion, hightemperatures, etc.).
- Possibility to use cheaper materials which have been reinforced superficially (low alloy steel instruments, locally reinforced high performance alloys).
Characteristics of the process
- Addition of the material to the entire surface of the part, or either to specific areas of the latter.
- Cladding layers between 0.1 mm and several cm of height.
- Metallurgiucal bond between the cladding and the part.
- Powdered filler material, dragged by means of inert gas.
- Great variety of filler material (metal alloys, carbides, anti-wearing materials, anti-corrosion materials).
- Rapid heating and cooling.
- Processing of practically all metal alloys.
- Processing of parts or areas with complex geometry.
- The combination of laser parameters and the three-dimensional movement of the beam, allows us to carry out the material additions following the geometry of the part or specific area of the latter.
- CAD-CAM systems that generates the laser beam paths, allowing us to carry out the Laser Cladding in an automated way.